|A whole new world.
|Monsters, loot, other monsters, more monsters and a Necropolis.
|Captain, Head of Personnel, Quartermaster, Shaft Miner
Miners used to be set to work on an asteroid, however after exhausting all the minerals on the asteroid, Nanotrasen scoured space around the station for a new source of that sweet, sweet Plasma. They found a young planet almost completely covered in lava and a host of deadly creatures. Did we mention the ash storms? There are ash storms as well. Don't forget to grab a bluespace shelter capsule. You're definitely gonna want one of those. Should you get the chance to launch an emergency pod early, it will land randomly here.
Welcome to Lavaland.
Lavaland is full of natural hazards. Ash Storms are the most prominent hazard, these storms occur on a regular basis and will deal constant and usually heavy burn damage to anyone unfortunate enough to be exposed to the storm, fortunately you will get a warning moments prior to a ash storm's arrival, giving you time to seek shelter.
Lava presents itself as the next most common hazard, walking into lava will deal massive burn damage to you. Even worse, the wildlife are immune to lava and can wade freely into it. Lava is very obvious and thus easy to avoid, so you will rarely find yourself walking into it.
The final threat are chasms, these are rare but extremely deadly and hard to spot. Walking into one will instantly kill you as you fall to your death! Watch your step.
Lavaland is surprisingly full of other sentient lifeforms, of varying hostility:
- Ashwalkers, a tribe of hostile Lizardmen in their nest that worship the nercopolis.
- Lifebringers, a peaceful group of podmen who live in a seed vault with advanced hydroponics equipment.
- Free Golems, a band of neutral Golems who arrived by ship who live by their creed, of doing whatever.
- Stranded hermits, a citizen of the Commonwealth of Orion turned into the bumbling hermit of the lavaland.
- Beach bums, humans who live in the shelter of a beach biodome.
- Traveling Bard, have you ever heard that lovely strum in the great beyond? It is no hallucination, my friend.
- Syndicate Scientists, a group of nerds, affiliated with the syndicate, who conduct tests on the most dangerous species in all known existence within a facility on the most dangerous planet in all known existence.
There are also non-sentient lifeforms, details of which can be found here.
|Locations on Yogstation