|The last place many criminals will see.|
|Purpose:||A fully operational Labor Camp designed to send unloyal crew members to, for working off their criminal debt to Nanotrasen.|
|Key items:||Mining equipment, living facilities.|
|Access:||Head of Security, Warden, Security Officer|
|Exits:||The labor camp shuttle and Lavaland|
The Labor Camp is designed to make use of unloyal prisoners by bargaining for their freedom through hard labor. Crew members caught committing a minor crime or above can be sent here by a member of security. You can watch the prisoners from any labor camp monitor computer.
Labor Camp Shuttle
The labor camp shuttle has two rooms, red and blue. The red area is an area prisoners are allowed access to. Once a prisoner has gained enough points, they are allowed to use their ID to move the shuttle and open the door connecting to the blue area. The blue area is public access, to allow prisoners to return to the station after they have paid their debt to society.
There is a Securitron patrolling the area and there is a lockdown button and a Portable Flash; this is useful if you have unruly prisoners refusing to work. Prisoners are given a first aid kit, food and mining equipment. This includes a
dangerous completely harmless pickaxe, so refer to the Flashers and Securitron on how to deal with unruly prisoners. If a prisoner continues to be unruly and refuses to work, upgrading him to the Prison Wing is a recommended step to take. There is a security office near the public entrance of the shuttle that will allow you to monitor the prisoners.
Lava separates the gulag area from the normal lavaland area, so prisoners won't be able to reach the mining station; in return they won't meet monsters while mining. The air pressure is low but not damaging. The air is not breathable, therefore prisoners are supplied with internal masks and tanks.
Prisoner Processing will be done on the station before entering the shuttle and going to Labor Camp. The following are the steps required to properly process a prisoner:
- Strip the prisoner of any items, just like you would for a normal timed sentence, or fully strip and dress them up in an orange prisoner uniform.
- Make sure you secure the prisoner's items - you will be responsible for their loss.
- Locate the box of ID cards and take out an ID card.
- Locate a Prison Management Console. Inset the prisoner ID card and set the correct number of points.
- Refer to Space Law for the guidelines on how many points to assign them.
- Hand the prisoner their ID and escort them to labor camp through the shuttle.
Claiming Your Points
- Use the production machine console to turn the machine on and set it to smelt your required ore.
- Unload your ores in front of the unloading machine.
- Turn on the conveyor.
- On the shuttle, insert your sheets into the stacking machine.
- Insert your ID into the point claim console and claim your points.
|Locations on Yogstation|