Megafauna are huge, extremely powerful creatures found in Lavaland. They emit a GPS Signal that is trackable by any GPS Device, so they are easy to avoid, as long as you're careful.
All types of megafauna will devour unconscious or dead victims, restoring their health by half of the creature's maximum health, and gibbing it.
- 1 Types of Megafauna
- 1.1 Ash Drake
- 1.2 Colossus
- 1.3 Bubblegum
- 1.4 Legion
- 1.5 Blood Drunk Miner
- 1.6 Hierophant
Types of Megafauna
An enormous drake that roams the land, draconic guardians of the Necropolis. Although it's considered one of the easiest megafauna, it is still extremely deadly if you don't avoid its attacks. It's advisable to carry a fire extinguisher when fighting one of these. Ash drakes (except lesser ash drakes) have a chance of splitting into another ash drake when attacked.
Melee Damage: 40
Burn Resistance: 50%
It acts as a melee creature, chasing down and attacking its target while also using a variety of different attacks. As the drake gets damaged, swoop and fire rain attacks become more common. If the drake falls below 50% health, the drake will stop raining fire in favor of swooping more often, and will also start triple swooping, trying to crush its target three times before landing. If it lands on an unconscious target, it will gib them.
The ash drake attacks are as follows:
- It will breathe fire in four directions, igniting and heavily damaging anything caught in the blast.
- It will cause fire to rain from the sky, where the fireballs will land are indicated by a red mark.
- It will fly into the sky, chasing the target and attempting to land on it.
- Sometimes it will chain the previous attack, attempting to land on target over and over.
- Sometimes it will attempt to rain down fire onto the target as it chases it from the sky.
When an ash drake dies, it leaves behind a chest that can contain four things:
1. A spectral blade that allows its wielder to call ghosts to it, enhancing its damage. The ghosts can be seen and can point, but cannot talk.
2. A lava staffthat allows its wielder to create lava.
3. A spellbookand wand of fireball.
4. A bottle of dragon's bloodwith one of the following effects:
- Transforms the drinker into a dark red lizard with digitigrade legs, preventing the use of shoes.
- Transforms the drinker into a skeleton, giving it a few racial bonuses.
- Gives the drinker permanent immunity to lava.
- Transforms the drinker into a lesser ash drake. The transformation is not instant, but it can't be stopped outside of admin intervention or death. Lesser ash drakes have access to all the attacks of an ash drake, but have less health and no burn damage resistance. To swoop, alt-click on a tile or target. Remember: If you weren't one prior to becoming a drake, you are not an antagonist!
A huge, towering being. Slow, but powerful, ancient and extremely deadly. The colossus has a degree of sentience, proving this in speech during its attacks. When shot, the Colossus will display glowing yellow shields, but they are cosmetic and do not in fact reduce the damage it takes.
Difficulty: Very hard
Melee Damage: 40
Burn Resistance: 50%
It acts as a melee creature, chasing down and attacking its target while also using different attacks to augment its power that increase as it takes damage. Each attack will be accompanied with a screen shake and a red flash. The death bolts it uses to attack are slow, but ignore all armor. If challenged by someone using Sleeping Carp, the Colossus will enrage and chase him down.
The Colossus attacks are as follows:
1. It will fire death bolts in alternating patterns in all directions (including diagonal).
2. It will fire death bolts in a shotgun-like pattern, instantly downing anything unfortunate enough to be hit by all of them.
3. It will fire a spiral of death bolts.
4. At 33% health it gains this attack. It will fire two spirals of death bolts, spinning in opposite directions.
On death, the Colossus disintegrates and leaves one of the following items:
1. An immovable, unlimited storage box, known as the Black Box. Anything placed inside will carry over into future rounds.
2. An Anomalous Crystalwhich requires activating using one of the following methods:
- Touch: Use the crystal with an empty hand.
- Bump: Move against the crystal.
- Weapon: Hit the crystal with anything.
- Heat: Hit the crystal with a weapon that can ignite (welders, lighters).
- Speech: Speak near the crystal.
- Bomb: Cause an explosion, Kinetic Accelerator hits work for this.
- Laser: Shoot it with any laser-like shot (includes disablers, pratice and laser tag gun lasers).
- Bullet: Shoot it with bullets (also includes syringe gun syringes).
- Energy: Shoot it with energy shots (includes tasers, energy bolas, somatorays, ions).
Once activated, it will have one of the following effects:
- HONK: You will drop all of your equipment and become a clown, with starting equipment included. Can only be activated by bump or speech.
- Theme Warp: Transforms the theme of the room the crystal is in, morphing the floor, tables and chairs and spawning some flora. Possible themes are Lavaland, Winter, Jungle and Abductor.
- Emitter: The crystal shoots a random projectile chosen between fireball, spellblade, x-ray laser, meteorshot or colossus death bolt.
- Dark Reprise: Revives any corpses nearby as a shadowman. Those resurrected this way become unclonable, but can still be resurrected with this crystal.
- Lightgeists: The crystal will allow ghosts to spawn as lightgeists.
- Refresher: The crystal will 'refresh' a random item in front of it, transforming them into freshly-spawned versions of themselves; it can, for example, refill a gun. Some items are blacklisted, and admin-spawned items cannot be refreshed.
- Possession: The crystal will transfer your mind and body into any harmless animal close to the crystal. If no animals are in range, the crystal will spawn a cockroach. Once inside the animal, you can get out at any time, but it will gib the animal's body. If the animal dies while you're possessing it, you'll die as well.
3. Voice of God, implantable via surgery. Once implanted, it provides you with a button to Speak LIKE THIS. When Speaking, there are a number of commands that allow you to force others to take certain actions.
COMMANDS (Hover over the commands for more information)
|Stun||Stuns for 3 seconds.||Stop. Wait. Stand still. Hold on. Halt.||120s|
|Weaken||Weakens for 3 seconds.||Drop. Fall. Trip. Weaken.||120s|
|Sleep||Causes sleep for 2 seconds.||Sleep. Slumber. Rest.||120s|
|Vomit||Causes vomit.||Vomit. Throw up.||120s|
|Silence||Silences for 10 seconds.||Shut up. Silence. Ssh. Quiet. Hush.||120s|
|Hallucinate||Makes the listener see mobs as carps, clowns, demons or other illusions for 15 seconds.||See the truth. Hallucinate.||60s|
|Wake Up||Listeners stop sleeping immediately.||Wake up. Awaken.||60s|
|Heal||Listeners are healed by 10 brute and 10 burn damage.||Live. Heal. Survive. Mend. Heroes never die.||60s|
|Hurt||Listeners take 15 brute damage.||Die. Suffer. Hurt. Pain.||60s|
|Bleed||Listeners start bleeding profusely.||Bleed. There will be blood.||60s|
|Burn||Listeners are set on fire.||Burn. Ignite.||60s|
|Heat||Listeners' body temperature rises.||Heat. Hot. Hell.||60s|
|Cool||Listeners' body temperature lowers.||Cold. Cool down. Chill. Freeze.||60s|
|Repulse||Listeners are thrown away from the speaker.||Shoo. Go away. Leave me alone. Begone. Flee. Fus ro dah. Repulse.||60s|
|Attract||Listeners are thrown towards the speaker.||Come here. Come to me. Get over here. Attract.||60s|
|Identity||Listeners will say their full name.||Who are you. Say your name. State your name. Identify.||30s|
|Say my name||Listeners will say the speaker's name.||Say my name. Who am I.||30s|
|Knock knock||Listeners will ask who's there.||Knock knock.||30s|
|State laws||Cyborgs will state their laws.||State laws. State your laws.||30s|
|Move||Move direction. Walk direction.||Listeners will move five steps towards a chosen direction. If no direction is specified, they'll move randomly.||30s|
|Walk||Listeners will walk instead of run.||Slow down.||30s|
|Run||Listeners will run instead of walk.||Run.||30s|
|Help||Listeners will set their intent to help, then click on a random adjacent mob with whatever they're holding.||Help. Hug.||30s|
|Disarm||Listeners will set their intent to disarm, then click on a random adjacent mob with whatever they're holding.||Disarm.||30s|
|Grab||Listeners will set their intent to grab, then click on a random adjacent mob with whatever they're holding.||Grab.||30s|
|Harm||Listeners will set their intent to harm, then click on a random adjacent mob with whatever they're holding.||Harm. Fight. Punch.||30s|
|Throw||Listeners will set their throw mode on.||Throw. Catch.||30s|
|Catch||Listeners will set their throw mode on.||Throw. Catch.||30s|
|Flip||Listeners will flip.||Flip. Rotate. Revolve. Roll. Somersault.||30s|
|Speak||Listeners say something random.||Speak. Say something.||30s|
|Get up||Listeners will get up.||Get up.||60s|
|Sit||If the listeners are on a chair, they'll buckle on it.||Sit.||30s|
|Stand||If the listeners are buckled onto something, they'll unbuckle.||Get up.||30s|
|Dance||Listeners will use the dance emote.||Dance.||30s|
|Jump||Listeners will use the jump emote.||Jump.||30s|
|Salute||Listeners will use the salute emote.||Salute.||30s|
|Play dead||Listeners will use the deathgasp emote.||Play dead.||30s|
|Clap||Listeners will use the clap emote.||Clap. Applaud.||30s|
|Honk||Plays a honk after a few seconds from the command. If the speaker is a clown, listeners will slip for 7 seconds.||Honk.||30s|
|Right round||Causes listeners to slowly spin several times.||Like a record baby. Right round.||30s|
There are some factors that change the effects this item provides.
Multipliers increase the effects:
- Chaplains gain a 2x multiplier.
- Command Staff gain a 1.4x multiplier.
- Mimes have a 0.5x penalty.
- Blood cultists gain a 2x multiplier.
- Clock cultists gain a 2x multiplier.
- Speaking the real name of someone at the beginning of a command will apply a 2x multipler.
- Speaking the true devil name of a Devil will quintuplify the effect.
Protections prevent the effects:
- Being deaf.
- Wearing earmuffs.
- Holding a chaplain artifact such as a Null Rod.
- Anything that prevents speech will also prevent use of the Voice (mute toxin).
Speaking the real name of someone at the beginning of a command will restrict the command to that person. If multiple people in range have that name, they will all be affected, although with a reduced multiplier (the formula is 1 + (1 / targets). Job descriptions and common abbreviations, such as Scientist, Head of Personnel/HoP, work for this too. Changing jobs through the HoP won't change them for the purposes of this focus.
A fleshy monstruosity, making the earth tremble with every step it takes. In what passes for a heirarchy among slaughter demons, this one is king. Bubblegum's footsteps are heralded by shaking booms, proving its tremendous size.
Melee Damage: 40
Burn Resistance: 50%
Bubblegum's fight is centered on blood: never stand on a bloodied tile if you can help it. Bubblegum will attempt to hit a target in melee if it is able to; if it cannot, it will start its attack cycle. When attacking, Bubblegum will prioritize up to 2 targets on blood, then use a blood attack. If a target is unconscious and on blood, it is automatically grabbed and devoured. If Bubblegum finds no targets, it'll shoot a line of blood in a random direction, with increasing range as it loses health. After spraying blood, it'll bloodcrawl onto a random bloodied tile. If it is undamaged it'll wait until the next attack cycle, but as its health drops the chance of a followup attack after bloodcrawling increases. When wounded by brute damage, Bubblegum has a chance to spray blood under itself.
The bubblegum attacks are as follows:
- It creates up to 6 slaughterling minions that will attack the target.
- It smacks a target, dealing 25 instant brute damage.
- It grabs a target, pulling it closer.
- It charges, destroying terrain and dealing 40 brute damage to anyone it hits.
Once it falls below 50% health, it triple charges or uses blood charge instead.
- Triple charge is three quick charges in a row, each followed by a blood attack.
- Blood charge is a bloodcrawl followed by a charge.
When Bubblegum dies, it leaves behind a chest that can contain three things:
1. A spellbladethat can slice off limbs at range. It also blocks 50% of melee attacks.
2. Mayhem in a bottlewhich is a bottle that, when activated, drives everyone nearby into a frenzy.
3. A blood contract that marks for death the chosen target.
It also leaves behind the following:
1. H.E.C.K. suit and helmetthat can be customized with spraypaint. Great melee resistance, good against explosions and bullets and completely fire-, lava-, rad- and acidproof. Not spaceproof!
Legion spawns from the necropolis gate in the far north of lavaland. It is the guardian of the Necropolis and emerges when you knock on the doors of the necropolis. Whenever Legion emerges, everything in lavaland will receive a notice via color, audio, and text.
Stage 1 Health: 800
Stage 2 Health: 480
Stage 3 Health: 288
Stage 4 Health: 173
Stage 5 Health: 104
Total Health: 5960
Melee Damage: 25
Burn Resistance: 50%
Speed: Very Slow
Legion's attacks are very simple, and it continuously rotates between the two. When a Legion is killed, it splits into two smaller Legions (the next stage) with less health, but the same attacks and damage. This process repeats five times, then the smallest skulls will shatter into bone instead of splittting.
The Legion attacks are as follows:
- Ranged: It behaves like a normal legion by retreating and firing legion skulls at the target.
- Charge: It will spin and rush at the target, dealing melee damage when possible.
Every time you shatter a skull (when it's too small to split) there's a 5% chance of it dropping a necropolis tendril loot chest.
When the last piece of Legion is destroyed, it spawns a Staff of Storms.
It can, when used, summon or stop an ash storm on the area it's used in. If used on lavaland it'll affect the whole outdoors, while if in a room it'll only affect the room. The staff has a 20 seconds cooldown.
Like Lava Staffs, this doubles as a robust melee weapon, with 25 burn damage on hit.
Blood Drunk Miner
A miner destined to wander forever, engaged in an endless hunt.
Melee Damage: 20
Effectively a highly aggressive miner, the blood-drunk miner has very few attacks but compensates by being highly aggressive.
After any attack, it may transform its cleaving saw:
- Untransformed: Attacks very rapidly for smaller amounts of damage.
- Transformed: Attacks at normal speed for higher damage.
The blood-drunk miner's attacks are as follows:
- It will rapidly dash at its target.
- It will fire its kinetic accelerator.
- It will rapidly attack in melee.
It leaves behind its cleaving sawwhich can be toggled between two modes: open and closed. Both modes will build up existing bleed effects to mining mobs, doing a burst of high damage if the bleed is built up high enough. Transforming it immediately after an attack causes the next attack to come out faster.
- Open: It will deal a wide range of AOE damage around the user. However, it attacks somewhat slowly in this mode.
- Closed: It will attack a single target extremely quickly, causing a high amount of damage in a short amount of time.
A massive metal club that hangs in the air as though waiting. It spawns in an arena to make you dance to its beat.
Melee Damage: 15
The Hierophant fights in an arena. If the target is outside of the arena it will create an arena around the target for 10 seconds. It provides enough time for the target to retreat if they wish to do so. Cross Blasts and the AoE burst gain additional range as Hierophant loses health, while Chasers gain additional speed.
The Hierophant's attacks are as follows:
- Blinks to the target after a very brief delay, damaging everything near the start and end points.
- If below 50% health, blinks to the target multiple times, dealing damage as above.
- Rapidly creates cardinal and diagonal Cross Blasts under a target, exploding after a short delay.
- If chasers are off cooldown, creates 4 chasers.
- Creates a chaser that seeks out the target, leaving a trail of blasts. The chance create multiple chasers is increased if hurt.
- Creates an expanding AoE burst.
When the Hierophant dies it stops trying to murder you and shrinks into a much smaller form. This smaller version can be held, and can place a teleport beacon which allows the user to teleport themself and their allies to the beacon.