|All stations start with at least one Securitron. One is the famous Officer Beepsky, who is a world class criminal catcher, being able to scuttle faster than a man can run, and stun and cuff and criminals using cablecuffs made in the experimental mass fabricator Nanotrasen places in every Securitron model.
Beepsky is so vigilant, he'll even trip anyone who gets in his way when he's chasing a perp! This also makes him a right pain when hacked as he will stun and cuff everyone in sight! A similar Securitron called Officer Pingsky spawns in the AI satellite to guard it from criminals! The Roboticists have the option to make more, but they are rarely made as they use up the Warden's precious helmets.
Keep in mind that traitors with an Agent ID card will have an easy time evading securitrons!
Most stations spawn with two additional Securitrons: The Armory's personal guard Sergeant-at-Armsky and the AI satellite's Officer Pingsky.
See here how to construct a Securitron.
You can change the Securitron's settings by swiping your security-access ID on it and looking at it:
- Status: On/Off The Securitron is either turned on or off.
- Behaviour controls are locked/unlocked People can access the controls or not.
- Maintenance panel panel is closed/open People can access the maintenance panel or not. This lets you insert pAIs.
- Arrest Unidentifiable Persons: Yes/No Arrests/detains anyone who has no ID visible and is unidentifiable (name shows as "Unknown").
- Arrest for Unauthorized Weapons: Yes/No Arrests/detains anyone who has a weapon visible and an ID without weapons authorization (by default, anyone but head jobs and security).
- Arrest for Warrant: Yes/No Checks the security records if anyone's status is set to "Arrest" and arrests/detains them.
- Operating Mode: Arrest/Detain Arrest: Stuns and zipcuffs the perp, then leaves. Detain: Stuns the perp indefinitely.
- Report arrests: Yes/No When someone receives a faceful of justice, the Securitron will announce the perp's name and location on its radio channel (by default, Security).
- Auto Patrol: On/Off Patrols the station.
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
Securitrons and ED-209s attack for one of two reasons:
- The securitron is being attacked.
- The perp's threat level is 4 or higher.
Things that can increase threat level
- +10: Getting emagged. Now everyone is criminal scum.
- +6: Getting attacked - but securitrons will hunt attackers regardless of threat level.
- +5: Having a criminal status of "Arrest" when Arrest for Warrant is enabled.
- +4: Having no visible ID and an obscured/disfigured face (showing up as Unknown) when "Arrest Unidentifiable Persons" is enabled
- +4: Holding a weapon in your hand when Arrest for Unauthorized Weapons is enabled, but your ID doesn't have the permission.
This doesn't include dragged weapons or those in containers.
- +2: Having a weapon equipped on the belt or back slot when the above is enabled.
- +2: Having your criminal status set to "Incarcerated" or "Parolled".
- +2: Violating the dress code by wearing a wizard hat or wizard hardsuit hat.
- +1: Being non-human genetrash.
Things that can decrease threat level
- -5: Wearing a Syndicate Agent ID card.
- -1: Being implanted with a mindshield implant.
Good to know
- Agent ID cards make traitors effectively invisible to sec bots, provided they don't stack more than one offense.
- Mindshield implants do the same to a lesser degree - you can avoid weapon and ID check arrests.
- Security bots (and also Honkbots) will get frustrated and stop hunting people after a few seconds.
- All bots navigate by following navigation beacons. If those are destroyed, the bots will stop patrolling.
- Sec bots are weak to EMP and ranged weapons, like guns and IED spears. Also, they can't escape welded/locked closets.